Business Development Representative
GrowLegally is a busy cannabis licensing and consulting company seeking a highly motivated self starter to fill the position of full-time Business Development Representative.
This is an exciting time for the rapidly-growing Canadian cannabis industry. Canada currently dominates the global medical cannabis market and upon legalization on October 17th, will be the first G20 nation to permit recreational consumption. Experts forecast that the domestic market will exceed $20BN.
GrowLegally offers fully integrated, streamlined medical cannabis licensing services for patients and producers of medical cannabis under Health Canada’s ACMPR and the forthcoming Cannabis Act.
With over ten years of industry experience, GrowLegally continues to successfully launch medical cannabis clinics, implement cannabis treatment programs within existing medical practices and support personal grow, designated growers, micro-cultivators, micro-processors and LPs. We provide education, marketing, and business development consultation for companies and organizations seeking to establish or expand within Canada’s fastest emerging industry. In anticipation of legalization, we are expanding our business development department to facilitate applications and ventures related to the supply chain for both recreational and medicinal markets.
We are seeking a creative, high-functioning business development representative with a significant, up to date understanding and working knowledge of the growing cannabis industry. The Business Development Representative is an integral part of our organization, ensuring continual growth, customer relationships management, effective communications and project management. This position with GrowLegally offers excellent opportunities for executive level career growth for the right individual. The ideal candidate will report to the Director of Business Development and Operations and be responsible for providing time-sensitive support to GrowLegally’s Business Development endeavours. The successful candidate will also work in collaboration with the client referral and client services teams, maintaining excellent relationships with our clients.
The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills, maintain high standards of customer service, creative thinking and professional business communications.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language in both oral and written communications.
- Skilled in designing and executing effective presentations to support GrowLegally’s business growth strategy
- Skilled in navigating the complexities of international governments and their customs protocols.
- Skilled in translating creative business solutions into detailed documents.
- Superior analytical and negotiating skills
- Excellent phone skills.
- Ability to work professionally under pressure and deliver great detail within often narrow deadlines.
- Possess a professional, compassionate demeanour in all communications with clients, corporations and partners even in the face of challenges.
- Use Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Formstack, Quickbooks, Adobe Acrobat, Google Applications, Social Media marketing tools.
- Multilingual skills are assets
- Customer acquisition and relationship building
- Clinic onboarding, acquisition of LP licensing clients, negotiation and execution of travel exemption agreements.
- Conduct GrowLegally’s Business Development consultation for new and prospective clients (*training will be provided)
- Provide support to clients/applicants to the government licensing processes for participation in the cannabis industry.
- Business to business sales, partnerships, marketing, cross promotion
- Support GrowLegally’s Business Development team by overseeing correspondence, booking meetings, drafting documents and designing communication tools.
- Research and prepare short briefs or reports on various aspects of the Cannabis industry and identify business opportunities that GrowLegally can create long term investments with.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Demonstrate, present, write proposals articulating the value proposition to clients and potential clients.
- Ship and receive mail.
- Follow up and Maintain customer accounts until completion.
- 3+ years experience of sales, presentation design and presentation delivery.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Results Oriented – Successful history of B2B or person to person sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities under pressure
- Strong leadership and ability to take charge and driving projects forward, even in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty
- Strong Communicator – You receive direction attentively and communicate effectively and professionally (both written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, French and other languages
- Experience interacting with foreign governments or their embassies
- Data Driven – experience working with excel, data visualization tools like Tableau
- Previous experience in marketing, presenting, licensing, government relations or project management an asset
- Startup experience – preferred
- Competitive salary
The following qualifications are significant assets to this position:
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or related field
- Strong understanding and management of database concepts..
- Experience working with Apple products as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Direct Marketing and sales experience.
- Excellent communications design and presentation skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of the Canadian business environment
- Understands the anatomy of a deal
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of the current cannabis or other related regulatory framework
Must have considerable experience in business, marketing, government and customer service. A working knowledge of the medical cannabis industry is an advantage.
Term: This is a 1-year contract, subject to terms
Applicants should visit GrowLegally’s website to learn more about what we do: www.growlegally.ca, and contact us with a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted by our management team.
Click here to apply now